Monday, July 4, 2011

Multitudes on Monday

Today I am thankful for the fruit of the Spirit...

I had a wonderful half hour alone with God this morning before the boys got up (my first in several weeks!), and the image He brought to mind was of a beautiful tree growing in my heart-garden, bearing all the Fruit of the Spirit:


For love, a bunch of sweet purple grapes.


For joy, citrus fruits of all kinds.


For peace, honeydew melon.


For patience, apples.


For kindness, apricots.


For gentleness, pears.


For faithfulness, figs.


For self-control, pomegranates.

Fanciful, maybe, but already this morning, with squeals and whines over trains and who's getting what to play with, I had to take out a patience-apple and take a big bite before answering... and it worked!

***

Something to ponder...

What comes to mind when you imagine 
the Fruit of the Spirit growing in your heart?




1 comment:

  1. Neat imagery! I love how you paused to eat of your patience fruit. Could I borrow some?:)

    ReplyDelete