Thursday, November 20, 2008

musical kid

As a musical person myself, I always secretly hoped at least one or two of my kids would be musical, but I'm also wary of putting my loves onto my kids and encouraging them in directions that don't fit them.  So it's exciting to me that Will actually really likes music!  Every time we turn music on at home, especially classical, he gets a big smile on his face and starts rocking back and forth-- usually almost in rhythm!  I take him along once a week to a music class run by a friend of mine, and he loves to play the instruments and listen to everyone singing along.  Hopefully pretty soon he'll start doing the motions too... 

And then today, we were at our Aunty & Uncle's house and I was playing the piano-- actually, the first time Will has really ever seen me play.  He got so excited and crawled over right away, holding up his arms for me to lift him up on my lap.  As soon as I picked him up, he started playing the keys and grinning away and rocking back and forth-- not banging, but really trying them out to see what sounds they make!  He stayed there for a full 20 minutes while we played Christmas carols (I know, season's starting early) and enjoyed every minute of it!  It was so cute... and I am so pleased that he seems genuinely interested in music, and he's not even a whole year old yet.  Yay!  

0 comments:

Post a CommentBest Blogger Tips